"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Big Appointment

Today Brianne has her appointment with the cardiologist... I'm nervous! My heart and soul tell me that she is perfectly healthy - she's happy, eating good, growing and gaining weight, hitting milestones like a full term baby, but there's that lingering fear. I mean, what new mom wouldn't be scared hearing that her perfect baby may have a problem with her heart? I think I'll rest better after talking with the cardiologist though, hopefully he will put all my fears to rest. And according to our doctor, the cardiologist we are seeing is one of the best. His calender was full through the end of October but luckily he was able to squeeze us in. After the cardiologist appointment we have an appointment at the Vascular Malformation clinic so the hemanigioma surgeon can check out Brianne's birthmark and decide if surgery is still needed. I don't think it is necessary any more because it is healing great now that we are keeping it covered. And I don't want her to have surgery unless it is absolutely necessary.

So my mom will be here to pick us up then we are going downtown to meet Jason for lunch and then I'm going to take Brianne to meet all the people we work with. I very rarely get an opportunity where I'm off on a work day so this is a rare event. I sent everyone an email last week telling them we'd be bringing the baby by so everyone is excited to see her. I wanted to try to get her an appointment to see her regular pediatrician today too because she is still so congested from her ear infection and still has a horrible cough. It's usually worse in the morning too and there were a few days that she threw up on me. But I guess if you're a baby that's the only way to get rid of it since they can't spit.

We had a big weekend with the little one too. Sunday we went to a BBQ at Jason's cousin's house. Brianne was so excited about being in new surroundings with new faces to look at she refused to nap. The weather was perfect too and she loves being outside! Then yesterday Jennifer, Tara and Susan (grandma) came over to visit. Unfortunately they got to meet grumpy Bri though. Since she slept very little on Sunday she was trying to make up for it yesterday. And when she's asleep, you don't wake her. We joke about not waking the sleeping beast lol. We went to lunch and she was asleep in her car seat when we got there but woke up while we were eating and I guess she was scared or startled because she just started screaming and crying. I had to get up and walk around the restaurant with her till she finally calmed down. But she did eventually wake up and show them some smiles before they left.

Next weekend is mine and Jason's first anniversary! We are going to go kayaking on Saturday after dropping Bri off at my parent's house. I can't wait! We haven't been since our honeymoon and so I'm hoping for some good weather. Then, the weekend of the 24th we are taking our first vacation as a family! We are going to spend the long weekend at Lake Norris in Tennessee with Aunt Wendy, Tom, Jennifer, Tara, Amber, AJ, Devin and Aiden. Tom has a house on the lake and boats and a jet ski and it should be a blast. I can't wait for a little rest and relaxation too, and I've never been on a jet ski before! Jennifer has a little life jacket that was Tara's that should fit Bri so she can go boating with us. I will of course post tons of pics after we get home.

Brianne is waking up and I have to get us both ready for our day so I'll update after the doctor's appointments. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment