"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Friday, October 14, 2011

18 Month Stats (Continued)

Brianne had her 18 month well care visit with her doctor yesterday and everything went great. Bri only had to get one shot and it was a flu shot so that was easy peasy! She still cried and sobbed and was very unhappy about getting a shot, but one is better than four. The doc said that Bri is in the 95th percentile for height, weight and head circumfrence and has give us the okay to put her on 2% milk (since she eats all her fruits, veggies and grains) and that she can have peanuts at the age of 2. She suggested we start doing baths daily to help with the eczema, but only use soap every day, and after bath lotion her up before she is completely dry.

She said she is right on track with her speach and physical milestones and at this point the word preemie no longer applies to her as she has "caught up" in all aspectives of her growth. That makes for one happy mommy. One thing that concerned me though, and I got so distracted when the doctor came in I forgot to mention it was that when we got there, the receptionist gave me a form to fill out that was titled "Pediatric Asthma Patient Care"... What?!?!?! No one has ever said to us that she officially has asthma. The doctor at Children's Hospital told us they don't officially diagnose children with that until they are 4 because children younger than 4 that display asthma symptoms usually outgrow it. I believe they diagnosed her with reactive airway disorder and told us we only needed to use the inhaler when she had a respiratory infection that affected her breathing. But I was an idiot and forgot to ask about it...

So here are the big stats:

Height - 34 1/4 inches tall
Weight - 29 lbs 6 oz
Head Circumfrence - 50.2 mm (cm?)

And we don't have to back until she is 2, can you believe that?!?!? They aren't making us come back in 3 months, we have a whole 6 month hiatus! Although with cold and flu season upon us I am certain we will be in to see the doctor before Bri's second birthday.

So, it's finally Friday! I had my big interview today and it was nearly 2 hours long and I interviewed with 2 different doctors (one was the head of the PICU and the other was the head of the Nephrology dept and the CACN) and a nurse, an HR person and 2 people from the Dialysis clinic, phew! I think they all really liked me and I have a follow up call with the head doctor on Monday. From the sounds of it the benefits are excellent, free parking, daycare at the hospital, tuition reimbursement and discounted tuition at UC (where I graduated from). When I told the doctors that I was considering going to nursing school they thought that was terrific idea and told me that this position would be great at not only getting my foot in the door but would get my whole body in the door. I'm very excited at the chance to work with this doctor too because he is apparently brilliant and was recruited from Texas Children's and now CCH has the only Nephrology dept in the country and it's only about a year old so I would be getting in on the ground floor. They gave me a tour of the dialysis clinic and said that they want me to routinely go through the clinic with rounds and whatnot just to keep a human element to the job, and possibly even participate with the clinical trials which would look great on my resume.

I also went to the eye doctor today and got some new glasses that I am super excited about. I don't actually get them for another 10 days though but the frames are Fendi and were on sale and with my insurance it was super cheap. I'll post a pic when I get them.

As for weekend plans, we are going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow for a hay ride and to pick out our pumpkins. It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend too so we may hit the park again on Sunday. Whatever we do I'm sure I'll have a ton of pics to post on Monday. And we do have a couple DIY and artsy-crafty things planned as well - and I am going to make some sample cakes for Sam as well... ok, enough for today. I will try to post through the weekend but won't make any promises. Being able to post on weekends is totally up to Bri and most of the time, she doesn't allow it...

No comments:

Post a Comment