"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Monday, July 18, 2011

Lazy Days of Summer

“Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.” - Sam Keen

Last week we had some record high temps here in the Cincinnati area and guess what, Mother Nature isn’t through bringing the sweat just yet. But, I love summer! I love the sun and the heat and all the things that come with summer, yes, even the humidity. And we had a wonderful summer weekend too. Saturday we went to the IHM festival with Sam and her Fiance (and Anna and Jack, Puddy and McQueen) for her birthday and it was mine and Brianne’s first festival! Bri got a balloon and we got to swing and had some funnel cake (Brianne’s first) and fried pickles and hot dogs. I knew there wouldn’t be any healthy food options so I packed some peas and applesauce for Brianne but she caught on quickly. I was trying to feed her peas while I was enjoying some funnel cake and she was like, um, I want that mommy. So I caved and let her have some.

Yesterday Brianne and I went for our morning walk and it was already so hot at 8:30am that we had to cut it short. She didn’t want to go in though, and threw her classic temper tantrum. So I promised her we would go back out to the pool later, and we did. As soon as I put her swim diaper on and she saw her bathing suit she knew what was up and was standing at the front door waiting for me with her purse on her shoulder, saying “Go?”. It was so cute. We didn’t stay long though because she gets bored easily in the big pool, so we migrated to her baby pool where she can run around without mommy freaking out. I didn’t get any pics of her in the pool yesterday so I decided to attach some pics of her swimming when she was younger that I never posted, and to show how much she has changed, another lake pic.

Our first time swimming in our pool. Brianne is 3 months old here

And this is from our first swim class when Brianne was 6 months old.


And this is the one from the lake in June

No comments:

Post a Comment