"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Tree for Bri

“The pain passes but the beauty remains,” - Pierre Auguste Renoir

I know this is supposed to be a blog about Brianne and our family, but it’s also about me cuz I’m the mamma! And, it’s my blog so I’ll post what I want to ha! On Saturday June 18th I got a new tattoo, courtesy of Brad Rouse, who by the way will be opening his new shop, Our Only Hope Tattoo & Piercing, very soon (and did I mention I was his first customer in his new shop). Brad was great too and was able to squeeze me in even though his shop wasn’t officially open yet, and he is an amazing artist and an old friend that is just one amazing person. So, without further ado, here it is:



My dad went with me to get it and got some good shots too (I’ll try to get copies of his pics and post later if I can). I have to say that I was expecting it to hurt lots more than it did, because the flower on my lower back (see pic below) hurt terribly (nearly passed out) and took almost 4 hours to do (but Nate from Designs by Dana did a wonderful job). This one did hurt, I won’t lie and say that it didn’t, especially the part near my neck and on my spine, but not as bad as I had prepared for it to hurt. Although, I think my pain tolerance has probably increased considering the fact that since my last tat I have had an epidural (needle in the spine), given birth while only partially numb and had a lumbar puncture (yep, another needle in the spine).



Anyway, the tattoo is of a tree obviously, but it’s my version of the celtic tree of life (and Brianne’s birth month tree is a Beech Tree, so I tried to take that into account when designing it – it’s an Irish thing). The 3 green leaves symbolize the 3 members of our little family, me, Jason and Bri, and the other leaves were intentionally left open so as our family grows, I can adjust accordingly. And the pink bird also symbolizes Brianne, my sweet baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment