"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Friday, July 29, 2011

Rubber Ducky, You're The One!

I realize that Brianne is only 16 and a half months old, but I am a planner, and as a result, have already started thinking about her second birthday party! It is going to be Duck Themed, because Brianne loves Ducks!! It was actually one of her first words too and she will point out every duck she sees, even the tiny ones on her PJ pants!

My real inspiration came from the latest Oriental Trading Company Catalog though. I don't know if you've ever seen one of these or not, but it is filled with party supplies. And, they literally have every kind of Rubber Ducky imaginable. For example,

Rock-n-Roll Ducks
Ninja Ducks
Dinosaur Ducks
1920's Ducks, yes, they are actually black and white
Hippie Ducks


And my personal fave, Zombie Ducks!



I have grand visions of a Duck pinata, duck favors for everyone, and pin the tail on the duck, and duck-duck-goose, and a Duck cake and yellow decorations... and, if the pool is open for her party, we can throw a bunch of ducks in the pool and let them just float around.


So, I hope between now and Brianne's actual birthday she doesn't lose her love of ducks. I don't think she will. She will bring me the Oriental Trading Co. catalog and say "Ducks!" and we have to then sit down and look through it. She is too stinking cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment