"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Friday, August 26, 2011

But Friday's are Supposed To Be Happy, right?

We got some sad news yesterday... Brianne's favorite teacher at daycare, Ms. S, is leaving. Yesterday was last day with Brianne and when she told us bye I told her that Brianne will miss her very much! She asked Bri for a hug and she left my arms to give her a hug and a kiss. She was one of the few teachers that Bri would leave even me to go to. And whenever she was there in the mornings Brianne didn't cry when we left. We will miss you Ms. S!

The Minnie Mouse cake is already stressing out and I have barely started. I intended to bake the 3 bottom layers last night (2 boxes of cake mix) and do the top smaller tier tonight while I frosted the bottom. Well that plan was foiled because we only had 3 eggs and each cake mix takes 3 eggs (and since it was already 9pm at that point I wasnt up for a trip to the store). So my mom brought me some eggs over this morning and I was able to get the bottom tiers in the oven before I left for work this morning. I even had time to add real vanilla bean to the cake mix and it gave it the neat speckled look.

Before I can even start decorating the cake though I have to go to Michael's and get some supplies, the grocery store for frosting ingredients (and cat food, diapers and milk) and by the time we all eat dinner and I get started on the cake it will be 9:00 again. I guess I'll be up late tonight...

And on top of my cake stress/exhaustion, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll even be able to attend the birthday party! Jason has some kind of stomach bug or flu and has been feeling crappy and now poor little Brianne woke up with a cough and runny nose. I am seriously dreading the start of cold and flu season! We are all 3 getting flu shots this year and hopefully as soon as possible too! I want to inquire about the pneumonia shot considering Bri had it twice last winter (and I think there is an RSV vaccine too but is that only for preemies and newborns?). I feel like since she was about 3 months old and had the croup she has been sick more than she hasn't been healthy. Maybe that was because of her prematurity and hopefully she will have outgrown it by this season, who knows. I do know that the last time she was really sick was on Easter, in April, and that was her second round of pneumonia (and the last time we had to use her inhaler).

Friday is finally here so I should be relieved and happy right? Eh, not so much this week. I guess with my impending cake tasks and the prospect of being home with 2 sick-o's all weekend makes for a little rain cloud over my day. I just hope we can still make the birthday party tomorrow. And I have a DIY project planned for Sunday that I will post about on Monday.

And if it's not too much to ask, please remember our little blog friend Kate and keep her in your prayers this weekend. She starts the "bad" part of her chemo today and has already been having a rough time with what was supposed to be the "easier" part. I think about her daily and wish I could help ease her suffering some how.

So, let the weekend begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment