"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Flower Leis and Cake



"All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much." - George Harrison

Tonight is the Jimmy Buffett concert at Riverbend and I will be attending with Samantha and Anna, yay! A girls' night out with no husbands, boyfriends or kids. Although, I will miss my husband and kid, but hopefully I will still have fun. I will be breaking out the coconut bra and leis for tonight, and I need a grass skirt! Last year the concert was in the middle of May and it was cold and rainy and we wore jeans and boots, blah! Tonight will be a perfect summer evening to spend outdoors with good music, great margaritas and best friends. And, just to take a walk down memory lane, here we are at Margaritaville last year.

And here are our boots, though not typical footwear for an outdoor summer event, we still rocked them. Mine are the lovely houndstooth wellies in the center (notice my equally lovely argyle socks?)

And here I am sporting my coconut bra over a sweater...


And these are from 2008 when Jason attended with us. (We weren't able to go in 2009 because the Jason and I were busy planning a wedding... OURS!)





I will have some pics of this year to post tomorrow, hopefully. And for the record, this will be my 4th Buffett concert... yes I know, that probably makes me an official parrot head but hey, it's a fun time.

Now for cake! I have to make a cake this week for my friend Ginger's little girl Willow who is turning 3. She wants a Minnie Mouse cake and I showed Ginger a few design ideas and this is the one she chose.

I hope I am able to recreate the cuteness because it has been a long time since I have done a cake. The last one I did was Brianne's birthday cake. And as a reminder, here is Bri's first birthday cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment