"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Home From Margaritaville

"I like mine with lettuce and tomato, heinz 57 and french fried potatoes, big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer..." - Jimmy Buffett Cheeseburger in Paradise


Yes yes, I survived the party, I mean concert. It was a super fantastic evening and the weather was perfect and I was with my girls so what more could one ask for? I mean, sure I spent $10 on a "frozen" margarita that was about as alcoholic as cough syrup, and yes I paid $4 for a stale, extra salty "soft" pretzel, and of course the always pleasant beer shower from the drunks fighting in front of you, and my personal favorite the one driver (this year it was blonde in a convertible vet) that is so self- important and in such a wicked rush they can't queu up and wait in an orderly fashion like everyone else to exit the parking lot.

Do I sound a little negative this morning? Must be from my lack of sleep, did I mention I am working today? I am probably the only person who was at the concert yesterday who made it to work this morning. I'm getting too old for this I think. But regardless of the list above I really did have fun, as did Sam and Anna (who are both off today by the way). So, as promised, here are a few pics from last night:


Sam, Anna and Me before the concert started



Look closely at the guy in blue, notice the handcuffs... yeah this was one hour before the concert started


I hope to snag some more pics from the girls when they finally post them, but for now, that is all.




I didn't get home till midnight and by the time I actually got to sleep it was near 1am. Take into the account the fact that I woke up at 4:30 am and you will understand my crankiness...



Brianne on the other hand is a joy as always. We got another masterpiece by Bri yesterday when we picked her up from daycare. She encorporated 2 colors of crayons into one artful collage of dots and squiggles. And she has learned the word "yes" and she loves to dance! She and I were dancing in the kitchen yesterday and she ran and grabbed Jason by the hand and led him to the kitchen and started dancing again. The three of us danced for a good 5 minutes, but to my out of shape legs it felt more like 5 hours.


And this morning when we dropped her off at daycare we sat her down in a little chair at the little table with all the other kids who were doing puzzles. She just sat there and didn't cry or reach for me and was immediately enthralled with the little girl next to her. She looked so big and grown up in that chair...


No comments:

Post a Comment