"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Weekend Report


This weekend was pretty good, except for the storms and rain we got on Sunday. Brianne couldn't understand why we couldn't go for our standard morning walk (in the lightning and thunder) and kept taking my hand and leading me to the front door. So, I opened the door to show her it was dark, rainy and windy and when I did, we got a little surprise! A tree frog was sticking to the outside of our glass storm door!We watched Mr Frog for awhile but he was boring and didn't do much. So we decided to make some finger paints. The recipe I posted last week was for a big batch, and since it's just for me and Bri, I cut it in half, only I didn't do the math right. I added too much water and it wouldn't thicken up. Jason came and helped me and added some flour and other things and put it in the kitchen aid mixer for like 30 minutes until it was finally the consistency of pudding. I put it in 3 different baby food jars, added some color (red, blue and yellow of course) and stuck it in the fridge as it was time for lunch!



Brianne has always loved her sweet potatoes, and lately insists upon feeding herself. Well, after she finished eating she kept saying "more!" so i grabbed a jar of sweet potatoes and she snatched them from me! She ate nearly 3/4 of the jar, by herself! And she refused to relenquish the jar when she was finished and just carried it around the house with her, along with her spoon. Apparently eating straight from the jar is better than from a bowl!

But she is such a good helper. She spilled some on the floor and said "whoa! yuck?" and led me to the paper towels. I gave her one and she took it to the spill and tried to wipe it up, too cute I tell you!

It finally stopped raining while Bri was taking her afternoon nap, thank goodness! So we got dressed and went outside! We took a walk, then hit the swings. She loves the swings! She wants to lead us to the swings everytime we leave the house! We took her Dora lunch box for a walk and to the swings with us because she can't leave the house without a "purse" these days.






After swinging we went shopping and Meijer had some adorable clothes on sale so Brianne got a few more outfits and some new PJs. When we got home it was dinner time, and after dinner Brianne was so exhausted that I think she fell asleep mid crawl, right on the couch. And poor attention deprived Mr. Kitty decided that if he was ever going to be cuddled again, he would have to suck it up and cuddle with the little person who dwells in his house... I don't think Brianne minded much either.



No comments:

Post a Comment