"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Barefoot In The Rain

"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has nerver danced in the rain" - Author Unknown

Lately our evening routine consists of Brianne and Jason playing on the back deck while I get Bri's dinner ready. Though she doesn't like to exclude me from the play and every few minutes she will run in the door and grab me by the hand and lead me outside. But yesterday it started raining, just as we went outside. We all came in and Brianne ate dinner and as soon as she was finished, she ran to the back door. I kept explaining to her that it was raining but either she didn't understand or didn't care, turns out it was the latter. I opened the door to show her how everything was all wet and that there was water falling from the sky in the hopes that she would lose interest... She did not.

At first, she just kind of knelt down and reached her hands out into the rain. Then she reached out and splashed in a puddle. She immediately stood up and said "Yuck!" and wiped her wet hands on my pants. She did this 3 or 4 more times, then she got brave. She took one step out the door and stood there for a moment, then ran back inside. Then she took 2 steps out and ran back in, then 3 steps, and before we knew it she was out in the middle of the deck spinning in circles in the rain. My little princess was officially dancing in the rain! She kept coming back inside for me and taking my hand, trying to get me to go out and dance with her. But of course, as an adult, I said "no baby, mommy doesn't want to get all wet" but eventually she lured me out. And I'm glad I caved because the last time I danced in the rain was too long ago to even remember. She is bringing out my inner child, and I love it!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!" So, can you remember the last time you danced barefoot and care free in the rain?

No comments:

Post a Comment