"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Friday, September 9, 2011

This Must Be How Single Parents Feel.

The hubby is still sick but Brianne isn't sick anymore so I have had to step up and play the roles of mom, dad, chef, nanny and maid this week and let me tell you, I don't like it. I have had very little time to do anything for myself and I am still battling this cold/sore-throat thing, not to mention work has been incredibly busy this week too. Jason is usually the master chef at our house and with him out of commission I have been trying to do it all (and failing miserably). I am not the best cook in the world and last night Brianne didn't want to go to bed early enough for me to try to throw something good together, so Jase and I had a 5 star fish sticks and tater tots dinner. Bri, on the other hand, had home made meatloaf, mashed potatoes and cheesy cauliflower leftovers...

Since my mom and dad come over early every Friday to watch Princess Pea, and the house was completely destroyed last night, I got up at 4am to clean this morning. I was just too tired to try to do anything last night so we went to bed with dirty dishes in the sink, which just eats at me all night. I will be able to get some rest tonight though (hopefully) because my parents are taking Brianne home with them for a sleepover. The plan was oringinally for them to keep her overnight so we could have a date night as our 2nd anniversary is Monday, but I think we'll both use the time to just rest up instead. And with this cold, dreary weather I think that cuddling up on the couch with Jason, a bowl of microwave popcorn, chinese take-out and netflix sounds absolutely perfect!

I tried desperately to get Brianne to do her little ring around the rosies dance last night but she just wouldn't cooperate. Then of course this morning she was more than willing to demonstrate her new dnace skilz to my parents but I was busy getting ready for work and missed it. Oh well, I will try again this weekend.

There are literally tons of pictures on the nikon right now that I need to "unload" so I can post the cuteness for all to see, but again, time has been escaping me this week. I hope to have some free time tomorrow morning to play with pictures and such, but being toddler free tonight, I may just sleep in. Bri and I have a baby shower to go to at 3pm tomorrow so as long as I'm up by noon I think I should be fine : )

Oh and did I mention that Our 365 is featuring one of my blog posts right now? I feel special

No comments:

Post a Comment