"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Monday, February 15, 2010

29w5d - It's getting easier and easier...

I am getting ever closer to the 30 week milestone, yay!!! And surprisingly enough I think I am getting the hang of this bed rest stuff. Saturday night my friend Jolie came over and Jason cooked us a wonderful dinner with salad, roasted pork loin, mashed potatoes, corn and home made bread. He's the best husband ever! It was so nice to see Jolie again too. I hadn't seen her in ages and she has been through so much with chemo and radiation that it was nice to have her strength and energey rub off on me some. She is going to come back over tommorrow and bring me a shower chair she had from when she was recovering from surgery. I can't wait to shave my legs! Yes, I know that's a small trivial thing to worry about but it's been a long time since I have been able to shave them!

Last night my parents came over and brought me a Valentine's gift - a super soft cozy blanket with red and pink hearts on it and a pink heart pillow. The blanket and pillow are going in the nursery after I'm off bed rest cuz the colors match it. My mom also knew I had been worrying about the possibilites of blood clots in my legs with my bed rest so she got me some anti-embellism stockings and they feel great! My legs haven't felt this good since before I was pregnant. And it's one less thing for me to worry about now. Last night was the best sleep I have had in ages too and I slept till 10:00 which is so not like me.

And we are still getting snowed on! Thank god today was a bank holiday and Jason got to stay home with me! There has to be like an additional 6 inches on top of what we already had. So much for Jason going to the grocery store for me today. And I had a huge list written out for him too. Oh well, I guess it'll have to wait. He's going to bake me some cookies later because for some reason, I've lost weight. I weigh myself every Monday to record in my baby journal and this week I'm down 5 lbs. I don't know if it's because I ate very little in the hospital (blech, hospital food) or because all the fluids they gave me flushed out some water weight but I feel like I need to fatten up now lol. I've only gained 21 lbs so far and week 30 is just 2 days away. Which is another milestone I can mark off, the 30 week mark!! I still need to schedule my OB appointment for this week but when I called this morning they said their computers were down and I'd have to call back tommorrow. Now I'm worried they won't have an appointment available but I'm sure they will squeeze me in since I'm high-risk and all. I just hope the snow lets up so we can actually go to the appointment.

I've been reading out loud to the baby and it's so great because whenever I do, she starts moving more and kicking more. It's nice to have this time to bond with her before she is born. It's allowing me to appreciate what I'm doing more. And for more inspiration, I framed her 3D Ultrasound picture and it's sitting on my bed side where I can see it always. I'm feeling alot more positive today! Yesterday I was down though and got emotional and weepy for awhile, mostly feeling sorry for myself being sequestered inside, but I'm over it now. Although I'm sure those feelings aren't gone for good and I'll experience them again sometime soon. In my weepiness yesterday I found a cool website for bed rest mamas www.keepemcooking.com and it helped lift my spirits some. And my baby shower is getting close, it's next weekend! I can't wait, but I hope Bri waits haha. I'd like to still be pregnant at my shower. So last night I checked my registries online and saw that people have bought some stuff for us alredy! I feel like that's cheating and Jason yelled at me (jokingly) but it's nice to know others are out there doing stuff for us when I can't be. Well, here's hoping my next post is on my 30 week milestone, Bri's still cooking and I'm still at home and not writing from the hospital again.

No comments:

Post a Comment