"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Thursday, February 18, 2010

30w1d - Another movie day

So since my weekly OB appointment is tomorrow I forced myself to stay in bed all day yesterday and will do so again today in the hopes that I don't get put back in the hospital tomorrow. But, since I am now officially sick, it's actually easier to stay in bed all day. Yesterday I watched some movies, Riding in Cars With Boys, Couples Retreat and Julie & Julia (thanks Sam!), and did very little else. Rather than going to Urgent Care I called my OB about being sick and thankfully she called in a prescription of Tamiflu for me (tamiflu just in case it isn't bronchitis and is worst case scenario H1N1). So my husband picked it up for me, along with some cough drops, and made me spaghetti for dinner last night, yum.

I am going to stay in bed today with some more movies, but I do have a small to-do list for today also. I have to call our future Day Care center to see if I can mail in our application and reservation fee since I can't drop it off myself. I am going to shower to prepare for my appointment tomorrow. I am going to buy the Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper that we want for the baby (online) and I am going to pack a hospital bag for tomorrow. I figure if I go to the Dr prepared to stay, I will be less likely to have too. And speaking of packing bags, I still need to have Jason pack the diaper bag for the big day too, which means he'll have to wash all the little clothes for the baby too. Again I feel like if I am prepared for the worst, it may not happen so soon.

I am so scared that my cervix has changed since last week and if it has, I know they'll admit me. Which honestly isn't that bad I guess. I don't really mind spending the night in the hospital, but I hate that it means Jason will have to once again alter his schedule because he will miss work again and stay with me. I am trying to remain optimistic though because last week the high risk doctor said she sees no reason why I can't stay at home and rest until I go into labor. But if they put me on the monitor and see contractions... I need to stop thinking that way! If I can just make it 2 more weeks they make take me off bed rest. And my shower is the following weekend too so I really don't want to miss that. I need to schedule my appointment for next week early in the week so if I do have to spend the night in the hospital I won't be there for my shower. So here's hoping for good news tomorrow and that my next post will be written from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment