"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Thursday, February 25, 2010

31w1d - Weekly outing to my OB

I get to leave the house today for my weekly OB appointment. I was hoping for warmer weather and maybe a chance to see the sun but oh well, it's more snow for me blah. Feeling a little nervous again. She can't hospitalize me today because my shower is Sunday! So everyone say a little prayer for me and cross your fingers. I've got my bags packed though, just in case...

Back from the doctor and the outside world. It was a good appointment yay!! My cervix has not dilated any further and my doctor said it was holding steady. She did say that it is already about 90% effaced though so when I do go into labor it won't take long for me to dilate and actually have the baby. She said she usually won't admit a patient until they are 4 or 5 cm dilated but with me, if I hit 2 or 3 she is going to keep me. And at my next appointment next week I will be 32 weeks and she said she may start letting me up and about a little more then. She seems to think I will make it very close to my due date. I'm starting to take bets - I say I'll have her around the 35 week mark. Jason says 37. Either way, I think Bri is anxious to come out! When the doctor went to put the Doppler on my belly today my whole belly did the wave and she had a hard time finding her heartbeat because she was like doing somersaults in there! I was counting kicks last night, and you're supposed to be able to feel 10 kicks in an hour but it only took 6 minutes to feel 10 kicks! So she's doing good! And next Thursday we go for a fetal growth ultrasound too so we'll get to see her again!

One funny thing is that I have only gained half a pound since my appointment last week which is good since I've been on bed rest and feel like I've been eating alot! That means I can eat alot of cupcakes at my shower Sunday and not feel guilty! But woot for Sunday! I'm so excited that I'm still pregnant for my shower and that I can actually attend! This will be an exciting weekend for me and that's good because we all know I need a little excitement right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment