"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Friday, February 19, 2010

30w2d - Part 2 - Good News!

I am writing from home and not a hospital room!!!! Doctor said my cervix has held steady since last week, no further effacement or dilation, so she let me come home! She was a little concerned about me possibly leaking fluid though and sent me for another ultrasound which showed the baby is healthy and my fluid levels are normal. They said I have a dynamic cervix, which stays relatively normal length until I move or put pressure on it which then causes it to thin out. But we got to see Bri on the monitor again and they did another 3D ultrasound so we got to see her chubby cheeks again! Yesterday was not a good day for me, emotionally, but today is great. Doc said I can leave the house once a week and Jason can take me to McDonalds or the equivalent, drop me off at the door and we can eat lunch there. And they want to keep me on partial bed rest until I hit the 34 week mark (which is only another 4 weeks) and then I may be able to return to work until I deliver! So 2 weeks down, 4 to go... I can do this!

After we left the doctor we hit the McD's drive thru and I dropped Jason off at work and drove myself home! I hadn't driven in so long!!! So, he's going to take the bus home today but I get to drive to the bus stop and pick him up so that means I get to leave the house one more time. And, my doctor cleared me to go ahead with my baby shower next Sunday as long as I act like a patient and sit in a big comfy chair the whole time. And that we need to keep it short so at the 90 minute mark my mom will have to start kicking people out lol. But I get to go to my own shower and that makes me ecstatic! So, I've had a relatively busy day (compared to my usual days) so it's back to bed I go. But I'll leave you with a pic of the nursery. It's kind of a dark picture but you can get the idea...

1 comment: