"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Friday, February 26, 2010

31w2d - Time for a little fun!

As you have probably read by now, my baby shower is this Sunday, and I'm totally excited about it. I feel like I have some real fun in my future! Today I have a project to work on for the shower which will occupy me for a while. And there's a Eureka marathon on the SciFi channel which is awesome! And I have a bed rest buddy today - my husband is off!

Tomorrow my mom and aunt are coming over to start setting up for the shower. My husband and I live in a condo/townhouse and we have rented out the clubhouse for the shower. It's literally right across from our front door but the prospect of seeing new surroundings makes me happy. So they are going to come decorate it and stock the fridge with a sandwich tray and cheese ball and get it all set up for Sunday. I know I'm not allowed to help with the decorating or anything but I figured I could at least go over to the clubhouse and get comfy in one of the big chairs and watch them work lol. If they'll let me...

And then Sunday is the big day! I've been cheating and checking out my registries online and seeing what items have been purchased already. Jason always yells at me when he catches me looking because he says it isn't fair. But since I registered for the items we need and want, I can already guess what is going to be bought for me so what does it hurt to take a little peak from time to time. It's going to be great to get some baby stuff, but I know I'm going to be sad that I can't put it all away and get the nursery set up. I guess I'll have to wait for another 3 weeks to do that, and it'll be fun when I finally get to do it!

So Sunday morning my mom is going to come over and help me fix my hair and get ready. I was hoping it would be a little warmer when we had the shower so I could wear this cute maternity dress I bought way back when I could still go shopping (and have only worn once) but I guess I'll wear jeans... I can't wait to get all dressed up cute like a normal pregnant woman! What the heck, maybe I'll wear the dress after all. I mean, I only have to walk across the side walk a few feet then I'll be back inside where its warm right?

I think Bri is excited about the weekend of excitement too because she is still moving around like crazy! It's totally awesome too because I know how to make her move now. If I read or sing to her, she'll start to move. If I rub my belly, she moves. When my kitties lay near me and purr, she moves. I think she's anxious to get out and start living! But that's not surprising because if she's anything like me, she isn't going to like sitting still for long! It's so bizarre to think that in just a few weeks, she's going to be here! And I'm going to be a mom! I'm so excited but at the same time, still a little scared. Newborns just seem to fragile and breakable and we're going to have one soon! We're going to be responsible for another human life that can't take care of itself! The thought fills me with so many different emotions that I just feel like I may explode! But I can't wait! Bri and I are going to have so much fun when she is here! We can go for walks in the park and I can take her shopping and take her to work to show her off to everyone...

I better get started on my project for the shower. I'll post pics of it when I finish.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you - for everything - the shower and getting to leave your apartment, the thought of having a little girl to love and take care of, the planning for the future...

    Enjoy your shower - I'll be there in spirit! :)

    ReplyDelete