"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

31w6d - A letter to my daughter

Brianne,
These last four weeks have been tough but in just a short while, you will be here and all the hardships we went through will have been more than worth it. I can't wait till I finally get to meet you and see your sweet little face. I dream about you nightly and wonder if you are dreaming too. Your daddy and I already love you so much and can't wait to bring you home.

You had hiccups again today. I always feel so bad when you get them and hope they aren't painful or annoying. I must admit that I am going to miss feeling you moving around in my belly. It's the most reassuring feeling in the world to know you are in there and that you are healthy. It always erases all my worries and fears. I read to you again today, and every time I do I hope you can hear me.

Tomorrow I will be 32 weeks pregnant and we will get to see you on ultrasound again on Thursday. I can't wait to see you and hear your heartbeat again! I think that since your birth is getting nearer I am getting more anxious too. I have moments of fear - fear that I won't be a good mother or know how to comfort you when you cry or know when you are hungry. But everytime I am afraid, your daddy comforts me and tells me that I'm going to be a wonderful mom. He is so strong and will be the best dad ever. He has been my rock through all of this and is so patient and caring.

You have kept company in a way these last 4 weeks being home all day and we are going to have so much fun when you are born. I hope we will be best friends as you grow up too. I love you so much,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment