"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Saturday, March 13, 2010

33w3d - The leaky cauldron...

Day 4 in the hospital and I'm starting to get antsy and irritated. I am so anxious and excited about my induction, but I feel like I need to have a plan. I'm a planner and need to know how and when things will happen. I know that I am going to be induced Wednesday, but don't know what time or what the process will be and I need to know these things! My doctor poked her head in my room this morning but of course I was in the ladies room at the time so she said she would come back but she hasn't yet and it's killing me! Yesterday I asked the high risk doctor if she knew what time they would start and she said it's dependant upon what is going on in L&D but that they would probably move me over there first thing in the morning...

And I'm totally irritated over the fact that I haven't seen my nurse all morning and I need things and have questions and was supposed to have my NST done at 10 and it's now 11:30... Why is it that at night when I'm trying to sleep I get woken up every hour by a nurse or PCA checking on me or getting my vitals etc but during the day they just leave me hanging grrr!

My nurse finally came in and did my NST and Bri is doing great, as always! I was having some concerns about how my leaking has slowed down today and was worried that maybe that meant I had no more fluid to leak but my nurse assured me that my fluid levels are great. Yes, even though I'm constantly leaking my fluid levels are still in the normal range. I must have had a ton of fluid in there then cuz I sprung this leak on Tuesday and it's Saturday!

I got to take a little walk yesterday which was nice, but there really isn't any place to go. So I walked to the little waiting room and got a soda out of the vending machine then walked to the nurse's station and back again. I realize that may not be exciting to most people but when you're cramped up in a hospital room all day any change of scenery is good. And the fact that I'm allowed to take that walk now is great! No more bed rest because they actually want my cervix to shorten and dilate now, woohoo! And as long as my fluid levels are still in the normal, I'm free to roam about the floor : )

Last night my mom stayed with me and we had a little hospital room party. My husband brought us dinner from my favorite mexican restaurant, yumm! Then after he left, mom and I played cards and made microwave popcorn and watched movies. We worked out a little schedule of who will be staying with me and coming to "babysit" me while I'm here. Today my BFF is coming over and then Jason is staying with me tonite. Tomorrow night I'll be alone, but Monday my friend Jolie is coming to visit and Jason's aunt Wendy is coming to visit and my mom is spending the night with me. Then Tuesday Jason is staying the night because that is the night before induction and I know I'll be a nervous wreck and will need him here through that.

Woohoo, Bri will be here in 4 days!!!!

1 comment: