"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Monday, March 1, 2010

31w5d - Baby Shower Recap





Yesterday was my baby shower and it was totally fun! I loved getting to see all my family and friends and the chance to get out of the house if only for a few hours. I just want to thank my mom, Sam and Jennifer for throwing such a great shower and thanks to everyone who came and for all the wonderful baby stuff!!! We got a ton of diapers and wipes and clothes! So many teeny tiny little outfits that I can't to put on Bri! I hope she likes pink lol.



The games were a hoot too! Even though the "guess mommy's tummy size" game made me feel huge and fat lol. But I got several jars of baby food left over from the guess the food in the jar game. And speaking of food, yumm! Sam my BFF (that's me and her in the pic below) made yummy chocolate cupcakes and they were totally adorable! And Jenn made punch with sherbert yumm!



I have so many things I want to put together too. My parents got us the stroller/car seat travel system and I can't wait to see it together. They also got us the matching high chair and a bouncy seat. Now I have 2 bouncy seats (one was a Christmas gift from Sam) so I'll be able to leave one at my parents' house for when they watch her. Now I am sad though because we have all this wonderful stuff and I can't get out of bed to put stuff away and organize or play with any of it. I did however get my breast pump out this morning and examined it... looks scary! Not looking forward to pumping! So this week I am going to write out my thank you notes which I will have plenty of time for.

After the shower I was totally exhausted though! It's amazing how much muscle tone and energy I have lost in the last 4 weeks! And whoa has my lung capacity diminished! I basically just crashed on the couch after the shower and waited for dinner (Jason made chicken marsala, yumm!!) and then went to bed after eating. I'm not sure how I am going to survive labor when I'm so weak! Thank god Jason is going to be home with me for the first week after she's born! And my mom is going to take off the 2nd week and stay with me to help out. Hopefully 2 weeks will be enough time to let me regain some lost muscle and energy...

1 comment:

  1. I would be truly honored if you gave your poetic advice on my blogs of poetry and follow them.

    Grant Guda
    The Wannabe Poet


    http://thehumanicana.blogspot.com/

    http://humanicanagold.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete