"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

32 Weeks!!! Hoping for a good appointment...

I've made it to 32 weeks today! This is a personal victory for me because I was sure I wouldn't last a week on bed rest and I've now lasted 4. For those of you who don't know me, I've never been one to sit still for too long - always on the go. So this is huge for me! And I will admit that some days the being lazy and laying around the house isn't so bad, but my body is paying the price. I'm sure I've lost like 25% of my muscle mass and lung capacity so I'm not real sure how I'm going to survive labor and delivery, or caring for a newborn. Good thing I have such a wonderful husband, family and friends to help me out.

My weekly OB appointment is tomorrow and as usual, I'm nervous and anxious. We also have a fetal growth ultrasound tomorrow and I'm excited to see Bri again and find out how much she weighs now. She was weighing in at a whopping 3.5 lbs at 28 weeks so I'm guessing she'll be around 4.5 now. That's reassuring to know just in case she does come early. My big worry for the week is as usual centered around my stubborn cervix. Last week my OB estimated that it was already about 90% effaced, so now I'm wondering if it has changed. And if it has changed, and it is more effaced or god forbid fully effaced, what will happen? Will that mean that labor is imminent? Will she want to induce me or keep me in the hospital? I will of course be taking my overnight bags with me but let's all hope and pray that I will not end up in the Labor & Delivery ward tomorrow.

Yesterday I had some serious preggo cravings... My lunch consisted of a can of Chef Boyardee Ravioli, doritos, a pickel and some chocolate ice cream. Looks like I've got my appetite back! Today I have a Friends marathon planned and will be staying in bed (as apposed to the couch) all day to "prep" for my doctor's appointment. Not too thrilled about that but it seems to have worked in the past. And Jason is leaving for work right now so my solitude begins. I'm always a little sad when he leaves me in the morning...

On a good note, it's starting to warm up around here and spring is just around the corner. I love seeing the sunshine through the curtains though I don't think I could have survived my house arrest if it would have happened in the spring or summer. So I should be allowed back out into the real world at 34 weeks which is right around the official start of spring! I wonder if I'll have time to plant my flowers before Bri comes? I keep fantasizing about me taking Bri out in her stroller for long walks and sitting in the sun on the deck with her. I wonder if we'll be able to swim before my maternity leave ends... So for now I am going back to bed to dream of warmer days with my little sweet pea.

No comments:

Post a Comment