"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Thursday, March 4, 2010

32w1d - Good News!

Today was my weekly outing to the doctor and for my fetal growth ultrasound... Yesterday I was feeling very positive about it, but this morning I was feeling anxious. I cheated a little this week - going through all my gifts from the shower, went with Jason last night to the Frisch's drive thru for Big Boys and onion rings and did a little more sitting than laying. But, I got good news! My cervix has not effaced or dilated any more! My OB was very excited at the way things looked and said I'm doing good.

The ultrasound showed Bri is growing and she's now up to 4.5 lbs! She is totally healthy and right where she should be growth wise so that is great news too. She was being shy though and didn't want to show her face. We did finally get a peak at it though but then she put her little fists back up and covered it. We saw her little feet and while we were looking at them she kicked me pretty hard. It's funny because now I know what body parts are where and so I can tell a kick from a punch.

I feel so relieved now! I feel like I know my limits more now and that it is actually okay for me to do some things at the house. I don't want to be too ambitious and overdo it but I feel like it's okay for me to do some little things and that I don't have to be in bed all day. It's such a relief to know that I've been able to keep the bun in the oven for 4 weeks now!!

After my appointment, my husband took me through the McDonald's drive thru for lunch and I dropped him off at work and drove home. But I cheated a little... I went to Walgreens. I parked right in front of the door and just bought thank you cards for my shower and a couple magazines to keep me occupied today. I think that this weekend Jason is going to sneak me out again to visit his aunt and uncle too. His aunt Lynne is going to do a painting for the baby's room so we need to go talk to her about the theme of the room. I'm looking forward to this outing too because it's supposed to be warm and sunny Saturday!

And when I got home there was a package on the door step! My friend Katie who couldn't make it to the shower last weekend sent me a gift! It's a newborn sling and it's so nice! Thanks Katie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment