"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Monday, March 15, 2010

33w5d - Going stir crazy

I am absolutely going crazy in this hospital room today. I have been trying to stay busy with my laptop and books and I showered and put makeup on (just trying to feel normal) and took my little afternoon walk up and down the hallway but this room feels like a prison cell to me today. And my nurse has once again forgotten about me! I just want some clean bed clothes is that too much to ask? I am going to have take another walk to the nurse's station I guess (and then by the vending machine for some chocolate). And the air in this hospital is so dry I feel like my skin is going to peel off! I can't get enough lotion today!

My friend Jolie was supposed to come visit me today but she has to work late so she isn't coming until tomorrow. Jason had to work today so he will be here later to have dinner with me but then he's got to go home and finish getting stuff ready for when Bri comes. See, even though I will be delivering early and we are prepared for the worst (a long stay in the NICU) we are still planning for the best (she gets to come home with me after a couple days).

Last night my mom and aunt came to visit me and they brought me good food! They brought me a fish sandwich and onion rings and a strawberry pie-baby from Frisch's! Mom also brought me baby goodies! An adorable little outfit, some bottles and drop-in liners and a pack of bibs (one says "Teething Bites" and it's my fave. You can kind of see it in the picture below). After they left, I took another short walk and then tried to get sleepy but it's difficult when there are so many thoughts going through your head. I had planned on asking for an Ambien for Tuesday night (the night before labor starts) but I may ask for one tonite too. Once I got to sleep though I slept okay, but it's so hard to get comfortable in this hospital bed (especially since it's always wet from my leaking). I actually had to ask my nurse for some Desitin today because I am getting a rash on my bum...



I am such an emotional basket case today too that I had a crying fit that lasted for a good hour I think. I have never felt so many different emotions at the same time. I've been reading up on what to expect when they induce me on Wednesday. I just wish there was a plan. My doctor's came in and talked to me this morning and said that they will be taking me for my final ultrasound tomorrow morning. And then Wednesday morning first thing they are coming to get me and move me to labor and delivery. They are going to give me some gel stuff to try and soften/dilate my cervix, and then if necessary start me on Pitocin to progress me further along. I'm terrified! But so excited!! The best day of my life is less than 48 hours away!!!!

When I get out of this hospital, I need a haircut, color and a pedicure desperately! I feel like I haven't worn real clothes or fixed my hair or looked pretty in weeks. I'm going to go for a whole day of pampering! My mom is going to fix my hair for me Wednesday morning so that I will look decent when I meet my daughter for the first time (and for all the pictures that will surely be taken). Oh, did I mention that my belly button finally popped out! I think it's a sign! It's telling me that the bun is done cooking! If I ever get some real clothes on again I'll have someone take a picture of me...

1 comment:

  1. LOL about your belly button! She's ready! :) Hang in there, dear...I can't even imagine how badly it sucks to be this pregnant and stuck in a hospital (im)patiently awaiting Bri's arrival, but it's almost here! Sam and I are so excited! Can't wait to have a little baby to spoil!

    You're almost there! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete