"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Sunday, March 7, 2010

32w4d - I cheated Yesterday...

Yes that's right, I cheated yesterday. My husband "snuck" me out of the house for a few hours and it was wonderful! I was still good though. He drove me to his aunt and uncle's house where I sat in their big cozy recliner and we just hung out and had dinner. And it was such a gorgeous day with the sun shining and the snow melting... I even had a few sips of wine with my dinner. I'm so glad I was able to get out and do something though, even if it was only sitting at someone else's house.

And I had a good excuse to cheat too. We are doing an art project for Bri's room and I needed to take the supplies to Lynne. See, I bought these 8x10 canvases and painted each one the same color as the walls (pale pink), and then on each of the canvases, we are going to put one letter of Brianne's name. But we are letting a friend or family member each do one letter. I did the 'A', Jason is doing the 'I', my mom and dad are each doing a letter, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law are each doing a letter, Jason's aunt Lynne is doing a letter and my BFF Sam is doing a letter. Yes I realize that is 8 people for a name with only 7 letters but we are doing our last initial too (which is also Bri's first initial) to hang on another wall. Oh, and Lynne is doing 2 masks with butterfly designs for the nursery too. She is so artistic and talented! She is making the masks out of gourds and we can hang them over the little tap lights and use them as night lights! When she finishes them I will post pics because it's just too hard to explain them in words.

Since it's Sunday, Jason is making a pork roast for us (Sunday's are usually slow cooker and/or roast days around here). It's been cooking since about 2:00 and the whole house smells so good, yumm! I have been craving something all day too and can't seem to figure out what exactly. I've had ice cream, an apple with peanut butter, a fruit cup, crackers and cheese, chocolate milk and I still want something but I still don't know what! Maybe it's the smell of the roast that is confusing my taste buds. I know I can't wait for some mashed potatoes though!

I'm getting super excited that I am approaching the 34 week milestone! Only 10 more days and hopefully I will be allowed to return to work and to return to normal activity. Even if I'm only allowed to work from home, I hope that I can at least start working on the nursery and cooking and shopping again. I feel like honestly, it probably wouldn't hurt me to do some of those activities now but my husband won't let me ("Doctor's Orders!) so I continue to lay on the couch and watch him do laundry and cook and clean. That's killing me too because I want to nest! I want to clean the house before the baby comes and organize the kitchen cupboards to make room for baby food, I want to sterilize all the new bottles and pacifiers and breast pump parts, I want to finish putting the baby clothes away and organize the closet in the nursery and I want to clean the car thoroughly before we try to install the car seat. Hopefully I will be able to some, if not all of these things in about 10 days!

I love the weekends because that means I have my Jason home with me all day but it always makes Monday's all that much harder. I usually cry when he leaves for work on Monday morning too. But, hopefully I only have 2 more Monday's to put up with the feeling of abandonment. I am going to try to have a good and positive week too. I have several things to look forward too, other than having our little sweet pea. We are taking a birthing class on March 20 (assuming my doctor still allows this), and I have another baby shower (for my side of the family) on March 27. Unfortunately one of the things I was looking forward too next weekend I can't attend though (my niece's second birthday party). I just can't be making the trip and spending 2 hours in the car to get there. It makes me super sad though!

Well since my weekend time with my husband is coming to end, I am going to spend it with him. And I still need to get him to take a new belly shot of me so after dinner it's on. I will post the pic tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment