"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Monday, March 29, 2010

Good news update

When I got to the NICU this morning to see Brianne, I noticed the feeding tube was gone from her nose. Hmmm... The nurse came to talk to me and told me that she ripped her own feeding tube out last night! They had been giving her bottles ever since. They said yesterday she did 75% of her feedings by bottle and that in the last 24 hours she was at 100%. This is excellent news! So we did bottles all day today and as long as she can take in 150 ml a day by mouth there's no need for the feeding tube to be put back in. When I left at 6pm tonight she was up to 112ml for the last 24 hours and still had 2 feedings left to hit 150! I think we'll do it! And the lactation consultants came in to talk to me again and said they heard she would be getting discharged soon and they want to meet with me tomorrow at 10:30 to do one last nursing session and go over discharge stuff!!!! Our little sweet pea may still yet be home for Easter!!!!

And, a less important bit of good news - I can fit in my pre-pregnancy jeans already! Things may be looking up all around!

1 comment: