"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into" ~ Terri Guillemets

Sunday, March 14, 2010

33w4d- The last days of pregnancy...

You would think that since I have had a high risk pregnancy and been on bed rest for the last almost 6 weeks that I would be happy to see the end of this pregnancy. I thought I would be too. But now that the end is only 3 days away, I can't help but be sad. I am going to miss all the good parts of being pregnant: feeling Bri moving around in my belly with those little kicks and punches, trying to identify what body part is pushing my belly into those weird shapes, hearing her heartbeat on the monitor and seeing her on the ultrasound and just the idea of being pregnant have been the best. However, I wish that I could have enjoyed these last few weeks in the way that a "normal" pregnant woman would have. It would have been so nice to be able to go shopping for baby stuff and to wear the cute maternity clothes I bought and only wore a few times. I wish I could have finished the nursery and enjoyed my baby showers and gone to the child birth classes we registered for...

Jason spent last night and this morning with me. Before he left we had lunch and took a walk. I had to make him leave me though because I know he needs to go home and do laundry and take care of things before going back to work tomorrow. And I'm sure my two furry babies at home would like some food and some company too. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have him stay here with me every day and night but I want him to be rested and to keep some normalcy in his life before the baby comes. I have asked so much of him lately and he's been taking such wonderful care of me and doing all the house work, paying all the bills, etc. so I feel like giving him some alone time is just a little way to thank him. But every time he leaves me, I still cry...

But I have a little excitement still ahead of me this evening though. First, my mom and aunt are coming to visit me for a little while. Then at 6:00 the NCAA Selection Show is on!!!! I love March Madness!!! I look forward to this all year long! I have my blank bracket to fill out and Jason is going to bring me a USA Today tomorrow with all the March Madness stuff in it! I was actually looking forward to being on bed rest through the first 2 rounds of the tournament so that I could watch all the games, but it looks like I'll miss them again since I will be in labor. That's alright though, I'm more excited about labor and delivery than basketball...

Well I have a busy schedule ahead of me haha. I need to squeeze in a shower before my visitors arrive and have someone change out my bed clothes for me. So I will write more later and hopefully I will have some pics to post by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment